Hortahunting trips also in English
If you want to learn how to forage wild herbs but do not understand Finnish, we are happy to serve you also in English. We, Raija and Jouko Kivimetsä, are the pioneers of wild herb education in Finland. We have written several books on wild herbs and hortahunting, Our book Horta hunter’s handbook, is a classic.
Experience Finnish nature with us
We offer wild herbs walks, hortahunting courses, where we share our knowledge on how to gather the most common, healthy and delicious wild herbs from Finnish meadows and forests. In addition to horta hunting walks, we offer Finnish nature retreats, Finnish herbal sauna retreats, and forest bathing workshops in Helsinki area and also in Northern Carelia.
A to Z for wild herbs course 2h
- A beginner’s hortahunting course to identify wild edible and medicinal plants
- Learn to identify and use the most common Finnish wild herbs & vegetables safely
- Learn about our unique nature
- Learn about preserving plants; drying, blanching, freezing
- Understand everyman’s rights and the importance of sustainable foraging
- Tasting with wild herb tea
Do not hesitate to contact us if you want to have a private or tailored event just for your group.
Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org or +358 40 5568880